We’ve had so many eager Waterford people entering our great giveaway, all while sharing their heartwarming wishes for when restrictions ease and life can return to some sort of normality before Christmas. From just being able to hug the grandkids, to enjoying a meal in a restaurant – even going back on Tinder for a date, we hear you, and we care.
A big shout out to all our partners – Urma Sports, TRM, The Parlour Vintage Tea Rooms, Thomas Maher’s pub, John Palmer Music, Gene O’ Shea Jewellery and The Art Hand for kindly donating some pretty awesome prizes for our #GoOnWaterford competition. It’s been fun to run the campaign, hear what you all have been up to the past six weeks and help us showcase some of Waterford’s finest businesses and craftspeople. Now, it’s time to share how you all stayed positive during lockdown 2.0, what you loved to watch on Netflix and the first thing you’d do when level 5 was lifted. Read below what you told us – enjoy!
What got you through Level 5
- Exercising, baking, spending time with the kids hubby
- Lots of arts and crafts via Zoom/You tube. Online classes with our favourite Waterford artist Sean has kept our spirits up and keep us smiling.
- Trying to keep busy and be grateful for all the good things in my life
- I have a 5 month old and one smile from him would make anyone think more positive
- I’m still working, thank God!
- Pause, breathe and reflect
- Working at home
- Minding my newborn baby
- Playing guitar
- Walking, reading and zooming
- Working in UHW, don’t have time to dwell on it
- Surfing the net
- Lots of fresh air and walks
- I’m being resourceful!
- Reading through my 600 cookery books…
- Painting and decorating
- Running, doing yoga, watching TV and chatting to friends
- Walking the dogs in the countryside and making Rice Krispie buns like crazy
- A good walk every morning at 7:30 am and get to see the sunrise in Kilbarry across the fields toward the Lacken Road
- Dip me in cold water (brrr…)
- Going to Carter’s for a coffee
- By looking forward to it ending…HA
What you binge watched
- The Queens Gambit
- The Mandalorian
- Emily in Paris
- Gogglebox Ireland
- Carnival Row
- Normal People
- The Fall
- Schitt’s Creek
- Father Ted
- I’m a Celebrity!
- The Undoing
- Soaps in general
- The Crown
The Great Escape to level 3
- Swim in the sea, no matter the weather!
- Have a meal with family
- Go on Tinder 😉
- Visit Dunmore East
- Visit both sets of parents to show them my baby bump
- A pint in Thomas Maher’s pub
- Bring my mother out for lunch
- Get the hair cut
- Out for dinner, cinema (oh I miss cinema popcorn) and hopefully seeing all the family together for the first time this year!
- Explore Munster
- Go to Dublin
- Shop til I drop!
- Visit family
- Go to Penneys
- Go out for a meal with my husband and friends
- I want to travel to my parents in the UK (as it been a year since I didn’t get to see them) and hug my grandmother
- Hopefully, go on a holiday to visit my sister but definitely a few pints of Guinness. Lovely, lovely creamy pints of Guinness 🙂
- Christmas shopping locally
- Can’t wait to go back to work!
- Go out to my favourite restaurants and cafes
- Go for a pint
Last few days left!
There is still time to get your name in for the draw! Well…. what are you waiting for?