Here’s what’s on in the various venues around the city, starting with the events for St. Patrick’s Day and running until March 19.
Friday, March 17—The Mall
- McGrath School and Toner Academy will be performing Irish dancing at 12.30 p.m.
- Thomas Francis Meagher Flag presentation: 12.50 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (from the Quays to the Mall)
Friday, March 17—Cultural Quarter Stage
- Live Music from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 18—Cultural Quarter Stage
- After the Break: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Pipistrellas: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Music Generation: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Music Generation Harp Orchestra: 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Delta Dogs: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 2Time Charlie: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Alan Power and the Aftershocks: 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 18—Apple Market
- WAMA Drumming Band: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Booley House Group: 2 p.m. to 3.15 p.m.
- Carbally Line Dancing: 3.30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Waterford Malayalee Association: 4.15 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Theatrebox Stage School: 5.15 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Intonations Choir: 6 p.m. to 6.45 p.m.
- Outrun the 80s: 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Slippery When Wet: 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 18—Arundel Square
- Wobbly Circus Workshops: 12 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Balance Bike Track: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Orienteering: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Active Cities Play for Kids: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Skate Workshops: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, March 19—Apple Market
- Cal Pacino: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sand: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Mulligans: 3 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Sunday, March 19—Cultural Quarter Stage
The Campervan of Sound: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Throughout the three days, The City Fairground will run from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. in John Robert’s Square. Barrow Princess are running cruises from Adelphi Quay (email: email@example.com) and Osprey Cruises will have cruises departing from the Millennium Plaza (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
On March 18, Waterford Treasuries are hosting Free Museum Hours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also on March 18, there is a Spoken Word Arena from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Barronstrand Street. There is a Family Music Workshop from 3.30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Georges Court Shopping Centre. And Booley House Group will perform at 8 p.m. at Garter Lane Theatre (booking essential).
This year’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival is brought to you by Waterford City and County Council in partnership with EveryEvent. See here for more details and get out there and enjoy!